Arizona Department of Corrections Lewis Facility Community Town Hall
What is the best way to create and maintain safe, productive communities?
Let your voice be heard at the Lewis Facility Community Town Hall.
Pre-registration required. Registration closes 9/13/18.
Space is limited.
Registration is $15; continental breakfast and box lunch included.
Participants will have the option of being transported to the Lewis Facility on an Arizona Department of Corrections bus. Participants will be picked up outside the Arizona Department of Corrections office at 1601 W Jefferson in Phoenix.
7:30 - Participant check-In and board Arizona Department of Corrections bus
8:00 - Bus departs to Lewis Facility
9:00 - Program begins
12:00 - Program ends - Participants are served box lunch on return trip to Phoenix
1:00 - Participants are dropped off at Department of Corrections office
If you would like to become a participant or if you are interested in more information on Arizona’s criminal justice system, make sure to read the Background Report. To read the report online, click here.
The extensive Background Report for the 111th Arizona Town Hall was prepared by the Morrison Institute, in partnership with Arizona universities and the Arizona Town Hall Research Committee.
A two-page factual summary has been prepared from the information provided in the Background Report and will be provided to participants at the program. You can view the facts sheet online by clicking this link. DO:
- Picture ID
- No more than $40 on a person
- Clear purse only
- Can have candy, gum, and breath mints in original package
- Tobacco products, lighter and/or e-cigarette (smoking is allowed outside only)
- Notebook, pen and pencil
- Over the counter or prescription medication, enough for the period of the on-site visit
- No weapons, ammunition, and explosives
- No pocket knives, hunting or razor knives
- No cell phones, laptop computer or notebook device needs prior approval
- Clothing must be conservative in nature-no shorts, blue jeans, or revealing clothing
IN-KIND AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT FROM