92nd Arizona Town Hall
Who Will Teach Our Children
April 27-30, 2008
The 92nd Town Hall recommends a fundamental redesign of both Arizona's PreK-12 education system and the post-secondary system that supports education preparation programs. Changes must be implemented to ensure that each child in Arizona receives the quality education necessary to be competitive in a global marketplace.
While the Town Hall recognizes that change will take time and significant resources, nine goals must be advanced on an urgent timeline.
- Define teaching as a distinguished profession.
- Promote teaching as a distinguished profession.
- Provide teachers with professional pay linked with systemic education reform.
- Restructure Arizona's system for funding PreK-12 public education.
- Implement a consistent, statewide professional development system with a strong mentoring component.
- Focus teacher recruitment and retention efforts in areas of high need.
- Improve pre-service programs.
- Streamline the certification process.
- Recognize early childhood education within the teaching profession.
92nd Town Hall Document Downloads
News from the 92nd Town Hall
Back to Past Town Hall Topics